Cheer background

Monday, July 8, 2013

June 24, 2013 The adventure begins... Again

My mission is FANTASTIC! SUPERB! MARVELOUS! And every other great word you can think of! Seriously though :) yeah today's my p-day! They're always on Mondays. I really do love where I live! We live in a SUPER nice little apartment, with more space than we could ever use (last week we thought we bought a lot of groceries - HA! didn't even begin to fill up the cabinets!) and all the conveniences (microwave, oven, dishwasher, washer and dryer, EVERYTHING). So nice and I can't even explain how much I love walking outside and breathing in the smell of rain EVERY TIME! There is a reason rain was my favorite smell before the mish :D we haven't done too much teaching - we've mostly been driving around, trying to find houses, sharing short spiritual messages with recent converts who are less active, or just listening to them. There are so many great people! I feel so privileged to have 18 months to forget about myself and just become a part of people's lives. It's all about them, and I love it!

REAL FUNNY / RANDOM STUFF:
All the locals never use umbrellas! I haven't even used mine yet! they know you're from out of town/state if you have an umbrella, cause they just wear raincoats with hoods and that's it, because it rains lightly so on and off all day that an umbrella isn't worth it. Last night we heard the first real downpour outside, which is when they would use umbrellas, but it doesn't even happen that often. We have a car and a phone (real weird to text...but not text. to text for official reasons, I guess. haha)

We hear trains and planes in our apartment all the time! But no worries about them ever waking me up - when my head hits the pillow, I'm OUT! They have no "rush hour" here - traffic hits any time! Super random! Everyone has dogs! EVERYONE. Some not so nice...but some real nice :) 

My new mission office address (where everything should be sent, even packages) is:

23175 224th PL SE Suite E
Maple Valley, WA 98038

I haven't met my new mission president yet, and I don't know when I will! The weather has been quite the adventure! It's been in the upper 80's, but it feels so much hotter (cause of the humidity)! Luckily we only tract after 5, but it's still blazing, and...our house (apartment) doesn't have a/c!!

Love,
Sister Hehl


No comments:

Post a Comment