Cheer background

Monday, July 15, 2013

July 15, 2013



TRANSFERS are next monday! AHHHH! it's been hinted at that i might become a TRAINER already! oh boy, when i heard that, a battle instantly ensued between fear and faith. i'm SO inadequate but i know the Lord will help me do His will. so i'm willing to accept it, whatever His will is! we'll see next week! crazy crazy...it's only a 5 week transfer because they want to stagger the transfer dates for the federal way, seattle, and tacoma missions. makes sense.

crazy story of the week: tuesday, we were leaving emily's house (a really great inactive), but we pulled over because some light was on on the dashboard - a door was open. so we were pulling over, and THUD, we jolted to a stop (the brake-check kind of stop). we looked at each other in alarm, then got out of the car as fast as we could to see what happened. my companion ran into a ROCK! it was a decorative, rather substantial-sized one but neither of us saw it! MIRACULOUSLY, the car was okay! ...until 5 hours later, when we went to that same street but a different house to hopefully talk to a potential investigator (Elijah, russian, AWESOME). we also had sister thomas, from the ward, coming out with us. as we were driving there, a different light came on the dashboard - some squiggly lines and an exclamation point. we had NO idea what that meant...until we got out of the car and heard really loud hissing from the front right tire (the one we ran into a rock with). we started FREAKING out a little, but we found a manual and all the equipment...so we changed the tire right there! i must say, i'm rather (*very*) proud of the fact that we did it ourselves :) cherry on top: sister morrow and i were in SKIRTS. THAT'S what's up! haha it was quite the adventure! we got our tire replaced the next day, no worries.

random facts and thoughts: it's a law here that everyone has to wear helmets when they ride bikes. also, there are coffee stands EVERYWHERE. and crows/ravens - they're loud! and sometimes creepy. there once was an actual white river here! (my ward is the white river ward) -but they had to re-route it. 
this is an awesome, super motivating thing that sister morrow showed me and i've now memorized it cause it hits me so powerfully:

The Fellowship of the Unashamed
I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need preeminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. 
My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear.
-Henry B. Eyring
(your name signed here)

some things i've learned: the best way to come to know Jesus Christ, as a real, living person - learn of Him and live like Him.
at the end of the day, i sometimes think, "what am i going to write about in my journal today?" then i had the thought, "what am i going to DO about today?"
on saturday, something amazing happened. we went to visit derek, a guy we ran into tracting a while ago. he viewed the main difference between us as the Priesthood (he felt that we all have power just by believing so we didn't need to be authorized) and we had a hard time explaining it the first time we met him. but this time, we had studied up on it and explained it better. we told him all about the restoration and near the end, i bore pure testimony to him about prophets, the Book of Mormon, and joseph smith. there was a shift, and i wasn't thinking anymore - i could feel the Lord working through me. for the first time, i was purely an instrument. it was so amazing. i can't even describe it. afterwards, i was speechless cause i was so blown away, haha. what did i just say? i SO hope he reads the Book of Mormon!!
i'm learning that i really have been sheltered. getting to know people and their lives has opened my eyes to how much i really DON'T know, and i have NO idea how to help these people or what to say! these things are so much deeper and more complicated than i know...but Heavenly Father knows. Jesus Christ knows. and with this badge on my shoulder, i represent Jesus Christ. so although alyssa hehl may not know how to proceed, sister hehl can because she is being led. i hope to keep humbly doing the Lord's will and helping these marvelous people any way i can. 
i really do love you all!!
Sister Hehl

No comments:

Post a Comment